Thursday, March 17, 2011

Good day readers!

Three days until Spring and this morning in our corner of the world there is white everywhere.  Again.

I just wanted to chat with you for a few minutes.  Today's page (below) and the next one coming are my favorite scenes in the book so far.  I hope you enjoy them too.  The banter between Quinn and Stacie makes me laugh.

Not to mention, things are going to start to get more complicated between Cathie and Quinn now.  Their characters are going to be faced with new decisions and opportunities to change. As we all know, change can be hard.

The same is true for authors.  The time in a story when your characters begin to change is challenging.  First you want to stay true to who the character is while showing their inner struggle.  Secondly, I  find it challenging not to let the character change too much too fast.

I am currently writing a section of this story where I am knee deep in these challenges.  I don't want to give it all away to you, but I will tell you this ... things are going to change for each of our main characters.  Cathie is faced with a major glitch in her plan to save Quinn.  She will be stretched to determine where she is in her grieving process and how much she is willing to give up for a new future.

Quinn on the other hand is going to wrestle with the biggest questions of all.  He is moving past the 'is this girl for real' and onto 'is God for real'.

Thanks for joining me on this journey.  Grab your seats and hold on because things are going to get a little different around here.

Happy reading!

1 comment:

  1. I loved that last page too Jodi:) I'm excited to see what kind of change is coming!

    ReplyDelete