My daughter took a book out from our church library last night. It is book one in a series that I have never read but I absolutely love the author. I told her it should be quite funny.
The book is called So not Happening by Jenny B Jones.
While my daughter watched an episode of her favorite show on the computer before bed I picked up the book to check it out. I fell in love with it by the first sentence and was laughing out loud in our busy living room by page two. If you've never experienced Jenny's humour you need to check it out. It is so witty and ... well, awesome!
But by page three I came up to the best laugh out loud I could (then I was banished to my room after that). I wish I could just paste it all here for you to read for yourself. Since I can't I will give a recap:
- Bella Kirkwood is sixteen years old and standing as maid of honor at her mother's wedding.
- She is a little overwhelmed by the six month romance, the move from high society New York to a farm in rural Oklahoma and the sudden adoption of two brothers.
- She panics when the Preacher asks if anyone has any objections and at the last possible second she yells out.
- Her mother quietly questions her as to why and all Bella can come up with is the lame excuse that the groom's middle name was Ralph and that was probably a bad sign.
- The mother returns to her post, the wedding proceeds and the deed is signed on Bella"s drastically changing life.
After I settled down from my giggles I took a deep sigh. If only I could talk to Bella at this moment I would tell her ... fainting doesn't work either.