Saturday, February 26, 2011

I think I found it!!

I may have found a song for this blog story.  It is a song I have loved for years.  It touched my heart in a very special way when we lived in Rainbow Lake.  The words spoke to my heart when I was struggling with God's plan for something in my own life.

During that time my daughter was going through a battle of sorts. Her school experience was quickly becoming out of control.  She was taking desperate measures to be heard.  We naturally reached out for help from the medical community and soon found ourselves elbow deep in psychiatrist, psychologist and doctors all spouting big words of diagnosis.

I cried out to God to ask why.

Then along came this song.  "I am not skilled to understand what God has willed, what God has planned.  I only know at His right hand stands One who is my Savior."

As this blog story is progressing in my mind it is clear to me that Cathie is asking the same questions.  And in the midst of her uncertainty that is thrown together in a heap of faith, she is struggling to share this with Quinn.  (YOU GUYS AREN'T AT THIS PART YET - SO JUST WAIT!!)  

But, ultimately it is God who chooses the songs for the story. Therefore this may be too soon to say for sure, but I couldn't resist sharing it with you.
Because:
My savior loves.
My Savior lives.
My Savior is always there for me.
My God He was.
My God He is.
My God He is always going to be.

To Him be the glory!



Lyrics to My Savior My God :
I am not skilled to understand
What God has willed, what God has planned
I only know at His right hand
Stands one who is my Savior

I take Him at His word and deed
Christ died to save me; this I read
And in my heart I find a need
Of Him to be my savior

That He would leave His place on high
And come for sinful man to die
You count it strange, so once did I
Before I knew my Savior

Chorus (2x's)
My Savior loves, My Savior lives
My Savior's always there for me
My God: He was, my God; He is
My God is always gonna be

Yes, living, dying, let me bring
My strength, my solace from this spring;
That He who lives to be my King
Once died to be my Savior

That He would leave His place on high
And come for sinful man to die
You count it strange, so once did I
Before I knew my Savior

Chorus (2x's)

(Instrumental)

Chorus: (2x's)

My Savior loves, My Savior lives
My Savior loves, My Savior lives

1 comment:

  1. Whether or not it ends up being "the" song...I love it too! Thanks for reminding me of that truth today!

    ReplyDelete