Monday, December 10, 2012

Live Second - start today!

I am a huge fan of the organization  I Am Second.  They have inspired me in more ways than I can count.  The website is filled with videos of famous and not-so-famous people who have come to a crossroads sometime in their life and chosen to become second.

That means Jesus is first!!

If you haven't checked their site out yet you need to!  Go now ... I will wait for you.  Well, actually I can't wait because once you open up the site you will be hooked and may not be back here for days. But go anyway!

They have a new look to the website allowing you to choose topics and not just names of people.  It makes it more time effective I think.  Click on films if you want to see who has videos on there. Click on struggles if you want to look up individual topics. (Topics of struggles are listed under each video as well if you choose to go to the film page.)  Enjoy :)

Today marks a new adventure in the I Am Second movement.  Doug Bender, co-author of the book I Am Second brings us a new challenge bringing us one step closer to truly living second - one day at a time. He has written a daily devotional - that's 365 ways - to put Jesus first in our lives.  I am so blessed to have been given this opportunity to review his new book.

Every day this week I am sharing with you something I have gleamed from this devotional.  But it doesn't stop there.  You need to visit the facebook page or the twitter feeds as they are rampant with people just like you - seeking to put God first.

Doug Bender is trying to draw enough of a stir over this new devotional that it will land on the NYT bestsellers list.  We need 10,000 sales to do that.  Join in.  Get one for yourself and one for someone you love on your christmas list.  What a better way to start the New Year, than with a committment to put Jesus first and live second.  Books available at most online retailers and local Christian bookstores or directly from the I Am Second site here.

December 9 - 15, which is the kick off week of the book (filled with specials and deals) opened up already with a complete sell out - Day 1!  That is so encouraging.  What a blessing.  But don't worry, if you want to get in on the action - any order placed this week (Dec 9-15) will still count for the special prices even though the publishers are frantically trying to produce some more. (And still count for the best sellers too!)

My challenge to you today:

  • Visit the site iamsecond.com
  • Come back tomorrow where I will sheare my thoughts on God's divine despair
  • Check out the 22 day challenge - one video a day, one challenge a day to make Jesus first - follow this link
  • Do something tangible today to live in second place and then tell me (or someone else about it)
Blessings,



If you want to check out Doug Bender's video on I Am Second, follow this link.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh....need to get me one! I love the concept of the videos, just don't often think to go & watch them. Love the idea of a devotional! Thanks for letting us know about it!

    ReplyDelete