Friday, March 21, 2014

Book Review for Fighter by Manafest

"The greatest battles of life are fought out daily in the silent chambers of the soul." David McKay

Christopher Greenwood, aka Manafest, is a Christian rap/rock artist originally from Canada. His loud voice of inspiration is for anyone who has a dream.

Chris' story tells of the pain of his childhood from his father's suicide, the frustrations of his growing up years from not fitting in and into his young adult years of how an injury tossed all his hopes and dreams away. Chris is a fighter and he managed to take the steps necessary to truly make lemonade out of his lemons.

If you have a dream, either one you have never pursued or one that is tainted by failure you should read this inspirational story. Fighter lays out five concrete steps for moving towards your goals and overcoming the emotional tidal waves that often come our way. Chris uses his life story as examples as well as famous quotes, inspiration from the Bible, and the lives of others who inspired him. Each of the chapters defining the five steps also concludes with a journal page for the reader to put down their thoughts. This translates each particular step into action.

I've seen Manafest perform live and gotten a glimpse into Chris' heart for encouragement. He is a very hands-on artist, trying to interact with the teens that file in and out of his concerts. I believe God is using the stage he's placed Chris on to change and mold many lives. His book will be no different. And as of yesterday Chris has entered the world of fatherhood - I am certain more gems are on the way soon. (Congrats Chris and Melanie!)

The book is a very easy read. The language is very simple; I passed the book onto to my kids.

Check it out! Fighter is a powerful reminder that giving up on our dreams isn't an option.


"I don't know about you, but I love books," said Christopher Greenwood aka Manafest in a press release. "I could point to different books in my library and tell you how they've changed my life. With music I only have a few minutes in a song to share my heart and sometimes even less after a show interacting with fans. So with the book 'Fighter,' I thought I could really give my fans more of me - to hear where I've come from, and how I've become a fighter." Taken from an article at Christian Post

Also check out this video of Chris Greenwood talking about his new book.

"Book has been provided courtesy of Chris Greenwood, Manafest Productions Inc. and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.  Available at your favourite bookseller. 

No comments:

Post a Comment