Thursday, March 29, 2012

NOT just another birthday ...

NO, it's not my birthday today.

I heard a really neat song today by Casting Crowns title 'Just Another Birthday'.  I have not heard it on my local radio stations.  I heard it on Klove, online.  It really struck me.  It is so much like my own story.  If you haven't heard it yet, check it out at this link.

Consider today ... for just a moment in your busy day ... ask God to bring to mind a young person (male or female) who is hurting; who might be lonely and trying desperately to fill that void in their heart and soul.  If we all reach out to just one we can make a huge difference in our world.  And maybe you can alter the course of a young person's life enough just by caring.  Pray and ask Him.

If you want to check out what Mark Hall and Megan Garrett, from the band had to say about this new song, look here.  What a powerful message they bring.

If you like Casting Crowns then you will also enjoy the release of their latest video, 'Jesus, Friend of Sinners'.  Both of the songs mentioned are found on their Come To The Well CD, available everywhere Christian music is sold.

I have seen Casting Crowns live twice now.  The second time they performed they played this song.  It was amazing.  Let the lyrics soak in.  They are powerful.  And not just soak in but change our hearts - just as they sing it.

The live concert I saw them at looked exactly like the video, but I am sure it wasn't filmed here.  For two reasons.  The night I saw them, Mark was sick with a sore throat and surviving on cold meds and Megan was not even there.  Oh well, it was still great!!

video for Jesus, friend of sinner released
Casting Crowns - Jesus, Friend of Sinners (Official Music Video) from casting-crowns on GodTube.

Also, for those of you that didn't check out the videos on the Every Life is Beautiful site, Mark Hall has a video there too.


2 comments:

  1. I love Casting Crowns! I saw them in concert awhile back and felt it was a little taste of what heaven will be like, with all of us praising God together. It was beautiful. :)

    I recently read Mark Hall's book 'The Well' and really enjoyed it. I highly recommend it. Here's my thoughts on the book...
    http://thoughtsonbookss.blogspot.ca/2011/11/well.html

    Thanks for sharing the video as well. I hadn't seen that one yet. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing the post Cathy. I am coming over to view it. I hadn't heard he had a book.
      The band is coming back to where I live next year to a conference I go to every year. I am excited I will get to see them again.
      Jodi

      Delete