Friday, November 1, 2013

Book Review of Becoming Myself by Stasi Eldredge

The first and only word that comes to mind is ... WOW!

Stasi Eldredge: Becoming Myself BookIf you've ever wondered if your life will ever change, Stasi Eldredge's book, becoming myself assures you that "God will complete the good work he's begun in you." In this book, Stasi shares her personal struggles with weight, self-worth, and her past, teaching readers that God wants them to participate in their transformation as he completes his good work in them. She invites women to look at their pasts, especially their mothers, with honesty and mercy and to look toward their future with hope. Embrace God's dream of you!


For several reasons, Becoming Myself, was an amazing book to read. It was filled with so many encouraging words and insightful thoughts on living the life of a Woman-Created-By-God. (that's you, by the way). All the boxed quotes below come from Stasi Eldredge and will give you a glimpse into her heart.

Her passion is to speak into the lives of women. Women who have asked themselves:
We Are Not Our Past
  • is change really possible?
  • is there something better than this?
  • will I ever feel whole?
  • who am I really?
  • am I beautiful? acceptable? worthy?
  • can I truly find freedom?


Stasi has a gentle yet convicting way of speaking into the hearts of women in her new book. She is honest and transparent as she guides you through so the many variables, facets and angles that make you ... you. I warmed quickly to her words.

I need to point out that this is not a weekend read. It was difficult for me to absorb it as a book reviewer on a deadline. Instead Stasi's book would be better taken slow and unhindered. There were many places I felt her words convict my heart and want to dig down deeper- but I couldn't. There were many places when the flow of emotions would not allow me to continue reading- but I had to. 

God is a DreamerLet me encourage you to grab a hold of this book if you are wondering about, seeking after healing or change in your life. Stasi says, "the very fact that we long for the change is a sign that we are meant to have it." So get the book, read it slow and patiently and watch God unveil the true you - the one He envisioned, dreamed of and then created.    


A study guide is also available for purchase & great for small groups & bible studies.

"Book has been provided courtesy of David C. Cook and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.  Available at your favourite bookseller.” 



1 comment:

  1. We should grab a few ladies & read it as a small group!

    ReplyDelete