Thursday, May 19, 2011

Chapter eighteen, Page one

Quinn and I parted with a friendly hug and I crawled inside ‘The Thing’.

“What was that all about?”  Stacie asked.

“Nothing.”

“Uh-huh.”  She teased.  “He is adorably handsome though.”

I smiled.  “He is, isn’t he?”

Then with a rev of her motor we set out on our way home.  The chatter was light which helped me to utter a silent prayer.  

Lord, Quinn is Yours.  I entrust him to Your hands.  Take my words Lord and give them Your power.  That Quinn might know in his heart You are waiting for him.  Show him the way back to You God, so he can find the peace he is longing for.  I release him to You.

That night I slept like I hadn’t in years.  I couldn’t even be sure that I dreamt.  My heart was fresh and finally at peace after a long drought of doubt. 

Stacie had a wonderful French breakfast awaiting me when I came into her kitchen.  Neale had left for work and she had until three in the afternoon to devote only to me. 

“So, what is on your plan for us today?”  I asked.

“I hope you slept well, because I have a wonderful day planned for you.”

I nodded as I grabbed a baguette. 
***
Stacie and I had a marvellous morning together.  We visited the famous Louvre, took a walk along the river and ate a nice lunch outside at a local bistro.  Our time was filled with laughter and even a few tears.  I have missed my sister so much. Visiting with Stacie satisfied some of the deep longings of my spirit.  

Yet, Quinn was not far from my thoughts.  As we drove past locations I had seen in my dream, my heart pined for him.  I told myself, 'He is in God’s plan now' and I have to accept it.

When it was time for Stacie to go to work I asked her to drop me off at a mall.  She insisted on taking me to the closest mall by her house, but I had a very specific place I needed to shop at.  That mall was clear across the City.

“I don’t think you should be wandering the streets of Paris by yourself.  You don’t know the City very well.”

I squeezed her arm as she drove.  “I promise I won’t wander.  I know where I want to go.  A soon as I’m done shopping I’ll take the transit back to your place.”

“Not the transit!”

Her outburst made me jump.  “Why?”

“It might not be safe.  You never know who you’ll find on there.”

“I’ll take a taxi, then.”

“Not a taxi!  That will cost you a fortune.”

“Stacie.  I am a grown woman.  I can do this.”

She sighed in surrender.  “I know you can.  I just worry about you.”

“Maybe instead of worrying you can hope I meet a handsome French man along the way.”  In my attempt to distract her I opened a new problem.

“That is a good idea.  Why don’t you call that guy from the airport?  He can drive you home.”

I smiled outwardly, but inside I cringed.

“You know what you say about strangers, Stac.  You need to pick one side of the fence and stay there.”

She chuckled.  “I guess so.”

So she drove me to the Mall I had visited in my dream.  Giving me a hug before she left, she made me promise I would go home before dark.  “And you better call me the instant you arrive at my house.”

I blew her a kiss.  “Go to work.”


NEXT PAGE is here.

2 comments:

  1. I cannot figure Cathie out. In a strange city to be left alone in a mall far from her sister's place! What a woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the city all that strange and new to her after all? She remembers being there before.

    ReplyDelete